Sunday, September 19, 2010

Diet Coke and Doughnuts

Today I conducted a scientific experiment. My own scientific experiment. Recently they've opened up a Shipley's donut store right across from Layni's high school. So, instead of going out of my way, I've taken to purchasing my obilgatory Diet Coke from there instead of McDonalds. What I THOUGHT, was I was going out of my mind. I began to think the Diet Coke tasted like warm Shipley's doughnuts.
So....today I bought Ash and Kiki a Diet Coke from a small tacaria from down the street. We'd been drinking it. Then I drove through and bought a Diet Coke from Shipley's. I asked Ashlynn to try the Shipley's coke and tell me what she thought.
"Ooooohhh," she exclaimed. "It tastes like doughnuts!!".
Wow...maybe I wasn't crazy. I was on my way back home to pick Layni up to take her to work, and she got in the car with a Diet Coke in hand. I asked her to taste the Shipley's Diet Coke......and.....again....."ooohhhhh!! This tastes like doughnuts!".
Funny. So Shipley's Diet Coke does taste like doughnuts....at least the one near the High School I frequent in the morning.
Now I'm thinking....if it tastes like doughnuts, is it really DIET???

0 comments: