Saturday, May 5, 2007

Let me Inform You


What's it like to have children that don't conform to society's expectations? Let me say that it's very hard. Not just on us as parents, but it affects every family member in some way. I've decided that sometimes, to let the pressure off the kids, people who are less understanding, need a little bit of understanding "help". Not all children are perfect.


Have you heard of Gardner's Multiple Intelligence Theory? He lists 7 different ways you can be gifted. But I think he'd might discover more ways of giftedness if he studied my five adopted children, on any given day. The trouble here is that the ways my children are "gifted" are not ways that society understands.


So...let me inform you. If you see my children out in public, and I hand you a card..accept it gracefully, read it...and internalize that my children are doing the very best they can.


0 comments: