Wednesday, May 9, 2007

What a Lovely Duet

My little LayniBug has finally discovered her musical side, which I knew was there since she was three. I'm not sure of the magical ingredient, maybe a very supportive music teacher in 5th grade who turned her onto playing the Recorder, but she practices quite a bit. I heard her upstairs last night before she went to bed playing Amazing Grace :)

 

As a child I used to spend hours and hours playing my recorder. I remember purchasing my wooden recorder from the music store with my own money....boy was I proud. (anyway...)

 

Today, another momentus occasion for her, I brought home her very first trumpet. This is the instrument she's elected to play in the band, simply because there's no need for any guitarist or recorder players...(is that what you call them?)

 

Those of you that know me will say, "why did you just let her use yours?" Are you all kidding? I have a Getzen Doc Severensen!! They don't make those anymore!

 

So..we played the trumpet for a while, and then in looking through one of the music books I bought her found that the recorder book had some recorder duets. We switched to our recorders, practiced for about 10 minutes and then threw down the track on the computer!!

 

Hope you enjoy our merriment!Click here to play our masterpiece..

0 comments: