Monday, May 26, 2008

It's Time to do Something Different

We've been part-time residents of the Bolivar Penninsula for 13 years now. Much longer than I'd say quite a few of the now residents of CB.



For those that know me, I'm not one to really tell you what I think, unless asked, but also know that I stand up for what I believe in. So...



To all of you who visit the Bolivar Texas beaches....both visitors and property owners:

Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.


Manners your mother obviously never taught you.

  1. Clean up after yourself.
  2. Throw all of your trash in the TRASH can.
  3. When you borrow something, return it in the same condition.
  4. Nothing comes for free. Someone ultimately pays for it.
  5. Don't take advantage of the system. That's just UNFAIR.

Two years ago, my daughters and I chronicled the various sand castles that were built on our beach during the summer of 2006. This year, we think we're going to chronicle something much different. The BIGGEST MESSES left on our Beach, 2008.

Today, after the Sunday of the Memorial Day weekend, it was clear that CB came through and emptied our beach trash cans over night, in anticipation for the new crowd that would stake out the beach today. In just the few minutes that I was on the beach looking at the leftover devastation from the visitors yesterday, three golf carts circled three different trash cans, BRINGING their trash generated at THEIR BEACH HOUSE to the BEACH!! What does this matter, you may ask? Well, one gentleman had 5 bags of trash, of which 2 fit in the trash can. The other 3 were left on the ground. This was at 8:15 AM. Where is the rest of the trash going to go during the course of the day for the new batch of beach goers? You guessed it. ON THE GROUND.

My message is...follow the rules your mother SHOULD have taught you. PLEASE. If you own property, PAY for GARBAGE PICK UP. If you are going to borrow our beaches, CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF.





0 comments: