Friday, May 30, 2008

Wainwright Day One

Last night I ate caribou stew. Two whole helpings. I like it, but I didn't like the mooseberries. They were too sour.

This morning we got on a small plane patched together with tape and glue and flew to Wainwright.

There are no trees...and the ocean is FROZEN. There are dried up star fish washed up on the beach.

I might really stink by the time I get out of here. We have a bathtub but no shower curtain, and NO washing machine to wash our clothes in. Grandma says she'll have to do our laundry in the sink! No only do we not have a shower curtain, or a washing machine, we don't have a TV, or a car. And no internet access here at our house. Even Grandma says she wants a TV.

Grandpa says the villiage has already caught two whales and that we'll be here for the big celebration.

1 comments:

Cindee said...

Hey Layni, start making a list of the stuff I could send you. Even if I sent you a shower curtain, would that help if there's no shower?

Aunt Cindee