Monday, April 23, 2007

Are you up for a Good Game of Hide and Seek?

I only know two people in this world that still play hide and seek. True hide and seek, and get delight out of it... hide and seek with 5 rambunctious kids, who'll take you out in a heartbeat.

Often times, our five youngest will visit the home of our two oldest sons, who live together in a nice 4 bedroom house in a quiet residential neighborhood. Sunday, was one of those occasions when my sons acquiesced and said they'd watch the kids...all of them...at once!! WHOO EEE!! (it was my birthday....they had to :) )

After several hours being away with my husband, I arrived to pick up the kids....but to my surprise, they weren't home. TDubs my 21 year old, had walked them to the park near their home a short distance away. As I rounded the corner to the park, at first glance, I didn't see any of the kids...hmmm? Where could they all be?

Suddenly, I heard a big WHOOOP and HOLLER...did a visual scan across the horizon and saw the outline of several kids' body parts protruding from various trees. The other thing I saw was my 225 lb. son galloping full steam across the park toward the playground equipment with Laynibug hot on is heals. Both of them were squealing with laughter. Pure kid-like laughter.

What was all this commotion? Just a big brother playing hide and seek with his siblings...and loving every minute of it. It'll be something that I remember for quite some time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

KEEP WRINTING! I LOVE IT!
CELIA