Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What Do Mom's Know...Here's the REAL Story

You’ll never believe what I’m about to tell you so please write back immediately. Ok, ok yesterday I saw a real live polar bear! I’m tell in ya it was amazing I was walking with my friends when a guy drove up to us and said ‘There’s a POLAR BEAR on beach at the ice! Before I could think of what to do next my friends were running there. By then my grandma and grandpa were walking this way. I screamed ‘THERE’S A POLAR BEAR ON THE BEACH ICE, COME QUICK!’ With that all I heard was the pounding of my feet on the gravel and my heart. It was awesome me and my friends went down to the water to get a closer look. We skipped rocks and screamed so the bear would come our way. After that a guy in a truck cussed us out for trying to get the polar bears attention. Quote: ‘You CRAZY the polar bear is faster than you get off the beach before it comes after you!’ End quote. Grandma got a few pictures I hope the internet works so Grandma can send some pictures that’s all for now bye.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ARE crazy Layni!!! A polar bear? And you wanted it to come towards you?!?! I'm glad you're okay. :-) That must have been an amazing sight, though. Your pictures are awesome and I'm glad you're making some friends. It sounds like your having a blast. Can't wait to read more!
-Mrs. Muceus

Rocking RS said...

Layni,

Wow, you are braver than me. I can't believe you were actually encouraging the polar bear to come closer to you. Word to the wise...stick with the zoom lens! hahaha! I am sure you about gave your Grandma and your parents a heart attack when they heard that story! Be careful and continue to write. I have added your link to my blog so I can quickly access it. I have even named it "Layni's Alaska Adventure"...hahaha...so don't be surprised if my group of family and friends are reading all about your adventures as well.

Anonymous said...

Very cool indeed! Wish I could have seen that, too! Glad everything is going so well!

Alisoncb said...

Laynie- what a time you are having! I have always wanted to go to Alaska, though I am not sure about going exactly the way you went about it (LOL)! I am living vicariously through you!